Reading room opening hours
- Tuesday: 10am to 9pm, with all round services
- Wednesday: 10am to 5pm, with all round services
- Thursday and Friday: 10am to 5pm, with limited services. On these days, the Information Desk in the Reading Room will be closed. Therefore, there will be no opportunity to make enquiries concerning the contents of the archives collection.
- Saturday: During the renovation the reading room is closed on Saturdays.
The reading room is closed on Mondays.
The Nationaal Archief is closed on Monday December 24 and Monday December 31, 2012.
Limited service Reading Room as of 15 October 2012
From October 15 2012 the public areas of the Nationaal Archief will be renewed and remodelled. This will temporarily cause some inconvenience and unfortunately will affect the services we are actually able to offer in the Reading Room.
The temporary reading room has a maximum capacity of 30 places. While reserving a record you automatically reserve a place.
Saturday opening dates
During the renovation of the Nationaal Archief, the reading room is closed on Saturdays.
Reading room closing dates
- 1 January - New Year's Day
- 1 April - Easter
- 29 April - Nationaal Archief is closed
- 30 April - Queens Day
- 9 May - Ascension Day
- 20 May - Pentecost
- 5 December - Sinterklaas: reading room is closed from 4pm
- 24 December - Christmas Eve: reading room is closed from 4pm
- 25 December - Christmas Day
- 26 December - Boxing Day
- 27 December - Nationaal Archief is closed
Check the special closing dates of the exhibition area De Verdieping van Nederland (in Dutch only).
Since 1 June 1994, it has been compulsory to provide proof of identity in the Netherlands. In certain situations, any citizen can be asked to identify themselves. This also applies to all visitors to the Nationaal Archief (since 1 April 2003). For non-Dutch citizens a passport is the only form of identification we can accept.