Problems that arise when creating a profile
1. The character recognition box does not appear on the screen.
This problem happens with some browsers and has to do with the security settings.
- Check the security settings in your browser. If they are set to ‘high’, it is possible that your browser does not allow character recognition boxes.
- If you are asked whether you want to allow unprotected items, select Yes.
- Download and install the browser Firefox. Open the website in this browser and try again.
- Select ‘audio character recognition box’
Still not working? Then try creating your profile on another computer, e.g. at work, at a public library or in the Nationaal Archief reading room.
2. You see a message saying that the profile name and e-mail address are already known.
This happens when you accidentally click the Create Account button twice. Your profile has been created. You have received an e-mail with the information you need to activate your profile. If you see a message saying that only the username already exists, you will have to choose another username.
3. I tried to log in but now it says that I do not have sufficient access rights on this page.
This is a bug in the system. We are working hard to resolve it. If you click on 'My profile' in the top right-hand corner of the page, you will see that you are logged in as usual.