When viewing scans – photographs, records or maps – there are a number of options available on the gahetNA website.
The scan opens in an image viewer on the page.
Below the image you will find a control panel with the following options and buttons:
- Move the image on the screen (this button is selected automatically)
- Select and save a cropped part of the image
- Rotate (buttons for - or + 90 degrees or 180 degrees)
- View image in full screen
- Show navigator
- Adjust colours in image
- Zoom in and out
- Click on the previous or next image in the inventory number or search result
- Click on a specific image in the inventory number or search result
If you have a mouse then you can click on the image viewer and control the different functions using the buttons or the following shortcuts:
|Zoom in and out||+ and –|
|Navigate (move the image on the screen)||arrow keys|
|Rotate 90 degrees||[ and ]|
|Rotate 180 degrees||\|
Tip: Use Ctrl-Shift plus arrow keys to move the image faster than normal arrow keys. Arrows can also be combined to navigate in a diagonal direction, e.g. right + up moves the image to top right.