If you don’t have the time or you don’t want to do the research yourself, or if you can’t get to the Nationaal Archief yourself, the Nationaal Archief’s experienced staff can do it for you. A research fee is payable for this service.
Ordering commissioned research
Ask for a non-binding quote using the contact form. Describe your request as accurately as possible and provide any information you already have. This can reduce the research time.
You will first receive confirmation of your request, and you will receive your quote within ten days. This can be sent by e-mail or post. If you have not accepted the quote within two weeks, the order will be cancelled.
If you accept the quote, you can expect to receive the results of the research, including a summary of the records consulted, within three weeks.
The quote is calculated as follows:
- The price quoted does not include reproduction costs.
- We estimate how long the research will take and calculate the fee on that basis.
- You can ask for the research to be done urgently, but we do charge double for this.
- For amounts of less than €200 you will be billed after the work has been done. If the costs amount to more than €200, you will be billed for some of the cost in advance. We will start doing the research once this advance payment has been received.
Results not guaranteed
Rest assured that your research will be done with the greatest of care by a staff member who specialises in archive research. But we are unable to guarantee that we will actually be able to find the information you are looking for. Some records have simply not been kept. The archivist who handles your request will often be able to give you a reasonable estimate of the chance of success in advance.
- Research costs per 15 minutes: € 16.75
- Administration fee: € 6
- A4 copy: € 0.30
- A3 copy: € 0.40
- Scan of legible quality: € 1.50 (for A3 or smaller originals only)